Chronicle

The Student News Site of Shawnee State University

Chronicle

Chronicle

Polls

Do you look for news outside of what is shared on social media?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sierra’s Haven hosting Halloween adoption event Saturday

Image courtesy of M’Kenzie McMaster

Sierra’s Haven is hosting a Howl-O-Ween event on Saturday, Oct. 21, at 80 Easter Drive in Portsmouth from 3 to 9 p.m. The event will include pet adoption, vendors, trick or treating, raffles for cats and dogs and a costume contest. The event is free to attend.  

“We are hoping that our community will come out and support our event,” said Delanee Lewis, one of the volunteers hosting the event. “Not only are pet adoptions important but also coming out to support our vendors or even dropping off donations would be greatly appreciated.” 

After the success of Sierra Haven’s Red, Woof, and Blue event in July, organizers are looking to start hosting more holiday adoption events. People who are not looking to adopt can still attend and pet the animals to support the event.  

There are some dogs available for adoption that have been at the shelter for years. 

“We have so many animals we’d love to shout-out,” Lewis said. “Dogs such as Chipper, June, Gomez, Rocky, Magic, Rose.”