Chronicle

The Student News Site of Shawnee State University

Chronicle

Chronicle

Polls

If you could travel in time, would you want to see…

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

SSU bowling team prepares for weekend tournament in Indiana

Spencer Toy
A bowling ball on the lawn overlooking SSU’s campus

Bowling enthusiasts, mark your calendars because Shawnee State University’s bowling team is gearing up for an action-packed tournament weekend. The upcoming tournament, scheduled Saturday and Sunday (Oct. 28th and 29) in Lafayette, Indiana, promises to be a thrilling showcase of skill, teamwork and unwavering dedication to the sport.

Khoury Carroll-Tanner, a sophomore who will represent SSU at the tournament, originally hails from White Plains, Maryland. With years of bowling under his belt, Carrol-Tanner brings not only experience but also a deep-seated passion for the sport to the Shawnee State bowling team.

“I started bowling when I was approximately 4 years old,” he said.

When it came to choosing a college career in sports, Carrol-Tanner stuck with bowling because of his genuine love for the game. His dedication is a driving force that propels the team to new heights.

The camaraderie and teamwork among the members of the SSU bowling team are nothing short of exceptional.

“The whole team really gets along well,” Carroll-Tanner said enthusiastically. “You know, everyone’s making connections, and the freshmen feel welcomed here every year.”

This strong team spirit serves as the backbone of their success.

As this weekend’s tournament approaches, Carroll-Tanner and his teammates are eagerly preparing to take on the competition. Tournaments are a crucial opportunity for them to shine and display the hard work and dedication they’ve invested.

Tournaments aren’t just events; they’re opportunities for growth and recognition. For Carroll-Tanner and his team, they are more than just contests.

“It really puts our team out there and shows how much work we’ve been putting in during the season and over the summer,” he said. “It makes it all come together perfectly.”

With their talent, teamwork, and unwavering dedication to the sport, the members of the team are poised to make their mark on the lanes and represent Shawnee State University with pride. Bowling fans, get ready for an unforgettable weekend of strikes, spares and spirited competition.