Chronicle

The Student News Site of Shawnee State University

Chronicle

Chronicle

Polls

If you could travel in time, would you want to see…

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Shawnee welcomes new member to the athletic department

Photo courtesy of Shawnee Athletic Department
SSU athletic building

Kevin Colley is returning to his old position as sports information director in the Shawnee State University athletic department team after about two years away. Colley previously served in the role from 2019 to 2021.

He brings a sense of excitement, along with experience, to his return.

“Coming back here after a little over two years away, I believe I have gained valuable life experiences,” he said. “I’m just thankful to be back in this role. We want our mentality to be one where we are gracious and humble and are supportive of all of our athletes in what they decide to do in life, but also confident in our ability to go up against anybody.”

The most important thing Colley wants to emphasize during his time here is that every athlete is valued and respected.

“Shawnee State is a place that has always had a lot of potential, and I just want to be a piece to that wheel to help our staff compete for and win national championships,” he explained. “To be successful, everybody has to be bought in and play their role, no matter if it is the first man or woman or the 25th man or woman. We have a lot of highly motivated athletes, and therefore, I am as excited as I have ever been about the future of Shawnee State athletics.”

This is just another addition to the new era of Shawnee State athletics.