Chronicle

The Student News Site of Shawnee State University

Chronicle

Chronicle

Polls

When passing by a reflective surface, I…..

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Morris University Center offers multiple dining options

The Morris University Center on Shawnee State University’s campus offers a diverse range of places to dine and purchase food. 

On the first floor is the Smith Coffee House. With a Starbucks located inside, the café offers a wide range of drinks and food items, including coffee, teas, sandwiches and muffins. The Smith Coffee House is open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Across from the Shawnee Bookstore is the Market. Open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, the Market sells snacks and groceries to anyone who wishes to purchase them. 

Chilaca is located in the back of the Market. Chilaca is a restaurant that serves burritos, bowls and tacos with assorted meats and toppings of the consumer’s choice. Chilaca is open from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The largest selection of food options in MUC is offered at the Bear’s Den. The Bear’s Den contains several different sections featuring different types of food, including a salad bar, a pizza bar, a deli, a soup station, assorted desserts and more. Different options and specials are offered every day. The Bear’s Den is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday with lunch and dinner options. On Saturday and Sunday, it is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. with brunch and dinner options.

All the dining options inside MUC accept payment in cash, credit or flex cash. The Bear’s Den also takes student meal swipes.